As part of the Sustainable Eden Prairie initiative, Eden Prairie is planning for the future management of solid waste, organics and recycling. The City recently invited the community to provide input on these topics. Now, you can also share your thoughts and discuss them with others online!
Solid Waste Planning
Community Drop-Off Day
The City is looking at the potential to expand the annual Community Drop-Off Day event, which takes place in June and provides disposal options for furniture, appliances and more - currently some items can be dropped off free of charge, and others require a fee. Click here for details about this event.
- Have you taken advantage of this program?
- What other items/materials would you like to see collected at the drop-off event?
- Would you be willing to pay a fee to participate? If yes, would you prefer an entry fee or per-item fee?
- What amount would you be willing to pay to participate in a drop-off event?
Haulers currently offer curbside pickup for bulky items.
- Have you taken advantage of this?
- How well is it working? Is the cost reasonable?
- Would you be interested in the ability to schedule an appointment for curbside collection of appliances or bulky items if the City could negotiate a reduced fee?